Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FLAME - Week Two - Day Two


I just about finished about finished Chapter Four today. I had figured that in order to finish FLAME by the end of the year, I would need to write one chapter every two and half days. So currently I am ahead of the curve. I had felt anxious trying to complete Chapter Three yesterday. I generally find with myself that I hit a psychological wall about two or three chapters into a new a book or story. I feel like that I will not know what will be the next sentence, or how to write my way into and out of a particular scene. When that happens I sometimes procrastinate and put off writing to do something else, like watch TV or read somebody else’s book.

But not this time. This time I felt I was been held accountable to see this thing through, to push past the mental block and just write the dang thing. And I did. I finished Chapter Three yesterday, leaving the path wide open for me to blaze through Chapter Four in just a day and half.

Anyhoo, that is part of what I go through with writing. I hope you appreciate hearing about the process.


Continuing on my write of passage,
James Baron



No comments:

Post a Comment